- Tommy Crudup – Rachael Ray
- Dan Fitzpatrick – The Wendy Williams Show
- Stacy Rollins – Telepictures Productions
- Mariann Sabol – Live with Kelly
The call was informative and funny. Informative in the sense of telling the listeners exactly what to do and how to get a TV Producer to book you on a show. And funny on how they cracked jokes about people who will send them materials that doesn’t even fit the type of show they produce. They offered some really good tips, which were pretty basic. Such as:
- Watch the shows you want to be on. Know the shows and figure out who the producers are for each segment.
- Pitch to the producer the way they do the show. When emailing the producer, keep your pitch to a minimum of one paragraph only and add a link.
- They need demos and “how to do” demos. Know how to turn words into visual. Pitch yourself as an expert and why you’re an expert. Think of a problem to help people solve.
- Tommy Crudup was adamant about this – “We’re not just a cooking show!” LOL! “We are overwhelmed with cooking demos, emails and press kits about food and cooking.” Don’t be part of the crowd. Be unique and show your personality in your pitch.
But most importantly, the call offered a unique way to meet the producers. A way to get through the gate-keepers. The National Publicity Summit hosted by Steve Harrison is where people can have a chance to get big-time national publicity by personally meeting top journalists and producers face-to-face. The Summit is limited to just 100 attendees (accepted by application only) to ensure everyone gets enough one-on-one time with the media. The fee for attending is pricey. If you’re unable to attend the upcoming Summit which is October 17-20 in New York, they have another one slated for mid-late April 2013. You’ll be able to personally meet over 100 producers and journalists from America’s top media outlets. Previous attendees have been featured in major media like:
ABC’s The View… CNN… Today Show… Parade… Fox News Channel… Dateline NBC… CBS’ 48 Hours… Family Circle… Parents… People magazine… ABC Radio Network … Parenting… Health magazine… Newsweek… Time magazine… Maxim… New York Post… Good Housekeeping… MSNBC and many other top national media outlets.
If you would like more information, click here.